Friday, August 19, 2011

Peyton's 5th Birthday Party

Update: all left over items have been sold. Also, I have gotten a ton of questions about the poster and frying pans. Here is where I found the poster. I did a file save as and then just enlarged the image in Photoshop. Then had it printed large and put it on a piece of cardboard. http://ayameclyne.deviantart.com/art/Flynn-Rider-Wanted-Poster-194154458 The frying pans I got from here. http://www.supermommoments.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/RapunzelFryingPanPrintable.pdf thanks to Supermommoments.com

I know it's been awhile since I have blogged and blogged about pictures. I am a little behind. The summer has been so busy for us.

I wanted to share Peyton's 5th birthday party with you guys. I spent so many hours preparing for this. Sewing and cutting and printing things. It's been crazy. Peyton wanted a Tangled party. I am not that into doing these types of parties so I went searching online for some great ideas. I used some other peoples ideas and did a few on my own. I hope you enjoy. Sorry for all the pictures.

Rapunzel's hair coming out of Peyton's room...she loved that.

I served the food in frying pans.

Jello boats that Peyton just had to have. found here

I made these crowns out of felt and used the template from here, but used felt instead of paper. I love how they turned out.

I came up with the idea of making frying pans. I love these.

The kids all put together Pascal party blowers. It was a fun thing.

Birthday girl!!!

We then played pin the frying pan on Flynn Ryder's head

Then it was cake time. I was going to make this cake but decided I had enough on my plate. The cake was made by Haute cakes and confections

Sweet little girl actually liked my party favors.

18 comments:

Susan August 19, 2011 at 5:51 PM

oh my gosh, so cute! Did you make the cake? IT's adorable! My girls love tangled and would flip over the cake.

Gerri August 19, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Absolutely adorable. You are so creative! I know it took a lot of time and you should be congratulated on how great it turned out.

Stacey Anderson August 20, 2011 at 7:22 AM

Thanks guys...no I didn't make the cake. I just updated a link to where I got it from.

Janet August 20, 2011 at 12:03 PM

Stacey

Everything looks like it turmed out so cute. Kayla loves tangled and wants to know where you got the hair or did you make it.

I can't believe Peyton is 5. I remember the day she was born and I had to run right to the hospital to see your beautiful daughter.

You my friend are very creative and you are a great mother!

Love you
Janet

bettijo @ PagingSupermom.com August 20, 2011 at 12:11 PM

Your party turned out fabulous! So glad we could help. I loved your homemade frying pans.

Anonymous September 27, 2011 at 12:13 PM

Serving everything in frying pans was genius! I think I might steal that one for my daughter's party. ^_^

cristina September 27, 2011 at 8:56 PM

loved all your ideas! Did you ever sell the rest of the supplies from the party? If not i'm very interested!!! Please email me at crist1na@aol.com. thanks!

Alba October 5, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Great job!! Did Cristina get all your leftovers? If not I'm very interested!!! Please email me at albarylander@gmail.com thanks!

Anonymous October 12, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Searching for unique ideas for my daughters 6th birthday party...LOVED how your party turned out. Any left overs you wish to get rid of? Also, how did you make the large Flynn Rider sign and paper frying pans? Do you have any templates to share?? I love the pin the pan game idea! Please email at mlondon26@att.net
Thanks,
M

recessionhome November 7, 2011 at 7:31 AM

Excellent ideas. I <3 super mom's frying pan printables, don't you??

Were those black pans just give aways?

More lanterns, glowing hair ideas, games, etc. On http://www.recessionhome.com ... Gotta love us crazy mamas!!

Well done!

Ashley

Jessica January 23, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Did you ever post your extras up for sale? I would love to buy!

Kendra Duck January 24, 2012 at 6:11 AM

Are you going to be selling the extras? My daughters birthday is Feb. 4th and I would be interested.

Stacey Anderson January 24, 2012 at 1:12 PM

I still have them and would love to get them out of my house. send me a message at stacey@littleavocado.com and we can figure out a price and shipping. Thanks!

Julia February 1, 2012 at 11:36 AM

How did you get the Flynn poster so perfect, with castle seal and all?? I am amazed!

Stephanie February 11, 2012 at 7:32 AM

Everything here looks wonderful. I too am wondering how you got the Flynn poster? I found one image to download, but the file isn't large enough to enlarge the print like that. Any tips? My party is next week and I'm scrambling now. Many thanks!

Sasha April 1, 2012 at 1:55 PM

What a wonderful party. My son's first birthday is coming up and we will be hosting a Tangled themed party for him. I was wondering: How did you make your giant Flynn Rider "Wanted" poster? Did you paint/print it yourself or did you go to a copy shop?

Jennifer September 22, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Can you tell me how you enlarged the Wanted poster in Photoshop? I already had that one saved, but when I tried uploading it to a site poster size it tells me the size isn't right. Sooo, I have Photoshop and wonder how I enlarge it without making it blurry?? Thanks in advance!

Anonymous May 23, 2013 at 7:03 PM

love it all especially frying pan! what did u use for the inside??

About This Blog